After spending a lot of time (probably too much) thinking about and researching different recipes, along with some vetting by other key members of the eating party (which included the other two people who will be at the table who are over five), we have our 2011 Thanksgiving Menu primed and ready to go. You can see it below with links to the ones I grabbed online. I really tried to strike a balance between old and new, along with some things that a five year and three year old would be excited about – those two are my toughest critics. If you make any of them, let me know how they turn out.
- Brined and Roasted Turkey (We aren’t going to roast it whole, we are going to carve it up beforehand and roast the pieces. Since all the pieces cook for different periods of time, this will ensure none dry out)
- Gravy (We’ll make Turkey stock the day before)
- Nana’s Sausage Stuffing (No link here, just a family recipe. If you want it, email me. It always tastes best when you make it in SF and have real sourdough.)
- Shallot Gin Cranberry Sauce (anyway to get Gin in a dish works for me)
- Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
- Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Grant Achatz Mac ‘N Cheese (our first mac ‘n cheese at Thanksgiving, may as well be Grant Achatz recipe!)
- Umamilicious Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- No Knead Rolls
- I have some butternut squash hanging around that I’ll figure out something to do with too.
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- Ewa’s Apple Pie (the wife’s secret recipe)